Soal dan Jawaban UAS Bahasa Inggris Kelas VIII Semester 1
I. Answer the question by choosing A, B, C or D!
1. Doni : I see that you bring so many books Elsa, may I help you?
Elsa : ............ You are very kind, Don.
B. No, thanks
D. I’m sorry
2. Mother : Soni, can you turn off the lamp, please?
Soni : ............
A. With a pleasure
B. I’m sorry
C. I can’t
D. No, I’m bussy
3. Sadi : May I borrow your pencil case?
Sigit : .........I’m using it.
B. I’m sorry
C. Yes, I do
D. With pleasure
4. Hilya : I am hungry mom, ……………….., please ?
Mother : Sure. The delicious meals are ready on the table for you, dear.
A. Can you give me a drink
B. Could you give me some meals
C. Will you have to eat
D. Do you want to eat
5. Mrs. Rosi : Do you mind passing me the sugar?
Diana : .............. Here it is.
A. No I don’t
C. I’m not sure
D. Yes, I know
6. Nando : ...............a glass of coffe?
Early : Yes, please.That’s very kind of you
A. Could you help me
B. Can you make
C. Would you like
D. Shall I have
This dialogue is for question No. 7 and 8
Vuji : Inka, your mother is English teacher, right?
Inka : That’s right. How do you know it vuji?
Vuji : Ahmad, my cousin, told me it. You know Ahmad, don’t you? He was your friend when you was at VII A.
Inka : o, yeah. That’s right.
7. Why does inka know Ahmad?
A. Ahmad is inka’s classmate
C. Ahmad is inka’s neighbour
B. Vuji introduces Ahmad to Inka '
D. Ahmad is Inka’s cousin
8. Inka says, “That’s right.”
What does it mean?
A. She asks for help
B. She gives help
C. She agrees a fact
D. She disagrees a fact
9. Sela : What do you think about the new studentin our class?
Seli : .............She is friendly and smart.
A. I see that
B. I want to say
C. Don’t say that
D. I think
10. Elin : “Our mother’s birthday is next week.”
Alin : “.....................................................?”
Elin : That’s a good idea.
A. When was she born?
C. How about giving her a present?
B. How old is she?
D. How is your mother?
11. Galih: Everything is expensive today. Only a cup of cofee, we must pay five thousands rupiahs.
Alpin: Yeah, you’re right. I …….. with you.
12. Dimas : I need a glass of ice tea.
Adit : It’s breakfast time, a glass of milk is better for you.
Dimas : Ok...............
A. I agree with you
B. I think so
C. I don’t like it
D. Sorry, I dissagree
13. Lukman : Congratulations Tanjul, Finally you can be the winner in this contest.
Tanjul : Thanks Lukman.
Lukman congratulates Tanjul because...........
A. He has a new job
C. He get the best score
B. He wins in a competition
D. He has new house
14. Mr. Odi : Putri, this is your test paper, you get the excellent score.
Putri : Is it right, sir?
Mr. Ody : Yes, ............................
A. You’re lucky to win the contest
B. I’m surprised on your success
D. You’re the winner
15. Ayu : Wow, ................................ You look so beautiful.
Ami : Thank you, this dress is from my mother.
A. What a beautiful girl
C. I like your style
B. This suits you well
D. What a charming dress
16. Sinta : Amel, Do you know, Andini won the Match competition yesterday?
Amel : O yeah? ........................
Sinta : Yes, she is so smart amel.
A. What a smart girl
B. What a creative girl
C. What a charming girl
D. What a good girl
17. Gina : Fit, I’m so hungry, let’s go to canteen with me.
Fitri: : .................... I have something else to do know.
Gina : It’s ok, no problem.
A. Thank you
B. Of course
C. I like it
D. I am sorry
18. Vicky : Would you like to come to my sister’s wedding party next Sunday Mr. Jones?
Mr. Jones : That’s very kind of you, but I don’t think I can. Have a nice party.
The underlined expression is used for ........
A. Inviting people
C. Introducing people
B. Asking for information
D. Asking people to do things
Read the textand answer questions 19 to 23
I have a papaya plant. It grows at the front yard. The papaya tree is tall, about three meters high. It has no branches. The steam is soft and weak because it has the flimsy wood and a hollow center. The leaves emerge directly from the upper part of the stem in a spiral fashion.
I like to harvest the lowermost papaya fruit. The oldest, mature fruit is the lowest one, and the youngest the uppermost one. The ripe fruit has yellow skin. The flesh is bright orange or pinkish, with small black seeds clustered in the center.
A. To amuse the reader
C. To tell how to do something
B. To tell the past experience
D. To describe something
20. Why is the stem of the papaya tree soft and weak? Because.................
A. It has flimsy wood and a hollow center
C. Its leaves emerge from the upper part of the stem
B. It has no branches
D. It is very tall
21. What are clustered in the center of the papaya fruit?
A. Fresh water
C. Big seeds of the papaya
B. The flesh of the papaya fruit.
D. Small black seeds of the papaya.
22. “................. flimsy wood and a hollow center.” (Paragraph 1)
The word ‘flimsy’ has the similar meaning with................
23. “The papaya tree is tall” (Paragraph 1) the word ‘tall’ has the opposite meaning with...............
Read the text to answer questions 24-28
Mr. And Mrs. Charles were on a tour to Europe. They were travelling on a guided tour to five countries. They were going to travel through the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, and France for two weeks. The guide for the tour was a swiss. On the first day of the travel the guide told them to check their passports, their traveller cheques and their foreign cash. He told them to keep them safety. They traveled in a comfortable coach with a toilet, music and video. The guide stopped the coach at many famous places. He explained the cultural importance of the places. They stayed in big hotels for the might and ate in the restaurants. On the way, they stopped at a small restaurant for lunch. In big towns, they went for shopping. They bought many souvenirs for their friends. They enjoyed the twoo-week tour tremendously.
24. The text is about.................
25. Where did they go?
26. “ ..........At many famous places“
The underlined word has the synonym with ………
B. Ugly '
27. ‘He explained the cultural importance of the place’ (Paragraph 3) The word ‘He’ refers to.........................
A. Mr. Charles
B. Mrs. Charles
C. Thir friends
D. The guide
28. “They enjoyed the twoo-week tour tremendously” (Last Paragraph)
The underlined word has the same meaning as.......................
A. Got bored with
B. Got pleasure from
C. Became addicted to
D. Became amazed at
Read the text to answer questions 29-31
YOU ARE INVITED
For : Neyra
Date : December 24th, 2015
Time : 7.00 p.m.
Place : Pesona Laut Restaurant
Clothes : White dress(Girl) – Red shirt (Boy)
You are invited to the greatest birthday party ever!
Please confirm if you couldn’t come.
29. When will Fernando hold hisparty?
A. In the morning
B. In the midnight
C. In the evening
D. In the afternoon
30. What should Farel do if he can’t come to the party?
A. Tell the restaurant waiter
B. Confirm to Neyra a few days before
C. Send back Neyra’s invitation
D. Contact Neyra’s parents
31. Neyra will wear.....................in the party
A. White dress
B. White shirt
C. Red Shirt
Read the text to answer questions 32-33
I will arrive at home about seven p.m and your father will arive about six p.m. Take care at home and don’t forget to turn on the lamp.
B. Fernando’s mother
C. Fernando’s father
D. Fernando’s sister
33. Who will arrive earlier at home?
B. Fernando’s mother
C. Fernando’s father
D. Fernando’s sister
34. What must Fernando do at home?
A. Come earlier
B. Arrive at home about five p.m
C. Turn on the lamp
D. Key the door
For questions 35 to 37 choose the suitable word to complete the text below!
Lion is .......... It belongs to .......... animal, but some of people like it. We can see lions in the...............
35. A. Herbivore
36. A. Tame
37. A. Zoo
B. Pet shop
38. Arrange the following words into a good sentence!
I – my – Bicycle – In – The – Washed- Afternoon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
39. Fadil and Rajata……… their holiday together
C. are spending
D. to spend
40. Re-arrange the jumbled sentences below into good paragraph!
1. After that we mopped the floor using a mopping cloth
2. Everything looked nice
3. In the morning, I swept the whole room in the house
4. Last Sunday, I didn’t go to school
5. I finished with the cleaning almost at 12 o’clock
6. So I stayed at home and I did the cleaning at my house
The best arrangement of the sentence above is.....
II. Read the text and answer the questions!
41. Complete this dialogue with the suitable expression!
Mufti : Iyan, ......................give me a glass of coffe.
Iyan : .......................But you look so tired. You should take a rest a while
Mufti : You’re right. Thanks Iyan
Iyan : Wait for your coffe bro.
Mufti : Ok
=> a. Can you / will you atau Could you/Would you
b. Of course / Ok with a pleasure/ Sure
Read the text and answer questions 42 to 43!
Tomy is my cat. It has orange fur whith white spots. I like to cuddle Tomy because its fur feels soft. Every morning I give Tomy a bowl of milk. Tomy diesn’t like rice, So I usually give it a cat food. Tomy is an active cat. Tomy likes to run arround the house. Tomy likes to chase everyone in my house. Tomy usually sleeps on the sofa in the living room or sometimes under the table.
42. A. What is the text about?
B. Where does Tomy usually sleep?
=> a. Tomy / Tomy is my cat
b. Tomy usually sleeps on the sofa in the living room
43. Re-arrange the jumbled sentences below into good descriptive text!
1. She is Fathin Shidqia.
2. She is cute, chubby and nice person.
3. She really kind to her fans.
4. I really adore her.
5. I have an idol
6. She is 17 years old.
7. Her voice is very unique.
44. Change the verbs in the brackets into the right forms (Past Tense)!
I (go) to Grandmother’s house yesterday to make a cage for her bird. After finishing the Cage, My grandmother (ask) me to have lunch.My mother (cook) chicken soup and it was spicy. The soup was very tasty, although it was spicy. I (eat) it too much. The next morning I (get) stomachache and I (can not)go to school.
=> a. went
45.Complete this invitation with the suitable words!
I am happy if you can ........ to my birthday party.
It will be held on:
......... : Sunday
Date : December 2nd, 2015
Time :09.00 p.m
........... : “Pesona Liyep” Restaurant
It won’t be ..............without.you.
=> a. come / attend
d. Happy / glad / amuse / delight /Complete